Monday 15 September 2014

Nasi Briyani

By Kyler Ong:
This was my last meal of the day so I decided to try out a different culture. I chose the Indian culture and decided on Nasi Briyani. As I received the plate of rice, the delicious smell of curry wafted to my nose. On the plate, there was rice(not just normal rice, I do not know what rice it is but it was a little spicy, achar and a few pieces of chicken topped with the curry. The chicken is very tender and succulent. Eating the rice with curry and achar tingled my taste buds as there was a mix of spicy, sour, and salty. Here is a picture of the dish:
The origin of Biryani is uncertain. In North India, it is traditionally associated with the Mughlai cuisine of Delhi and the Awadhi cuisine of Lucknow; in South India, it is traditionally associated with the Hyderabadi cuisine. There is a theory about the Mughals having brought biryani to India, but another theory claims that the dish was known in the South Asia before Babur came to India.

No comments:

Post a Comment